Being in pain sucks. Its tiring, makes the days and nights long and if you’re like me, you are much more likely to be short tempered or grumpy with loved ones when in pain.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a pick-me-up or something to break the dark clouds when pain is getting you down, I thought I’d share my top 15 go-to songs right now when I need a boost.
Note that I have a rather eclectic taste in music, I’m a alternative/punk rocker to the core but also love folk, alt-country and indie (go figure) so there should be something here you can at least tap a foot to.
All of the songs are picked because they mean something to me personally, either the lyrics/message, a band I’ve seen live or because it represents a particular moment in my life so if an entry on this list doesn’t make sense to you, it will to me. 😊
- The Interrupters – Take back the power
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free bird
- The Naked and Famous – Hearts like ours
- Eminem – Lose yourself (you didn’t really expect a motivational song list not to include this did you!?)
- The Interrupters – Got each other
- Hot Water Music – Drag my body
- Dave Hause – The ditch
- Queen – Keep yourself alive
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – S.O.B.
- Rise Against – Give it all
- I Am The Avalanche – The shape I’m in
- The Hold Steady – The weekenders
- Green Day – Still breathing
- Biffy Clyro – Who’s got a match?
- The Offspring – The kids aren’t alright
For your convenience, if you are a user of Spotify, you can find the playlist here: Spotify Playlist